People choose to lease a car for many reasons, such as traveling for work or for personal use. If you need a car short-term, such as a 3 month car lease, there are several things to consider.
With the sluggish economy, many local dealerships may offer special short-term offers. For dealerships, it is better to generate money from a car on a short-term basis, than have it sitting on their lot.
Here are a few things to know about short-term leases, as well as whether or not assuming another driver’s lease is right for you. Keep the following in mind as well, should you lease a new car and want to transfer the lease to another person:
- Leasing a car for shorter periods of time, such as a 3 month lease, most often means you’ll end up renting – which can be more costly versus a long-term lease. This is why it is important to locate special short term lease offers from local dealerships by requesting your free, no obligation lease price quote – it will allow you to see exactly what your local dealerships are offering on a short term lease.
- A lease takeover or assumption means you’ll assume complete responsibility for monthly payments – driving the car for the rest of the lease term and returning it to the dealership/financing agency. Often this is not a favorable deal, because the monthly payments will be too expensive.
- The downside to assuming a lease is that the car you’re leasing is no longer brand new. Depending on the driving habits of the previous driver, you could end up with a poorly maintained car – possibly even paying extra for wear and tear, or mileage fees at the end of the lease term.
- If you decide to assume a lease, inspect the car thoroughly and ask for a mechanic’s opinion. Carefully go over the leasing contract to ensure the vehicle does not exceed the mileage limits – as well as to make sure it does not contain any other stipulations that could increase the amount you pay at the end of the lease.
How to Locate a 3 Month Lease
- The first thing to do is determine the type of car that will meet your needs and priorities. By evaluating what is most important to you in a car, you’ll be able to select the style to best meet your needs – an SUV, compact or mini-van, or even a truck with a flatbed. If you’re going to use the car for personal use, you may want to consider leasing a smaller car to save money on gas, as well as for insurance and rental rates.
- Request a free, no obligation lease price quote to see the short-term lease specials being offered by local dealerships. You will be able to see which dealerships in your area will offer you special incentives on a 3 month lease.
- Think about the total leasing costs for the 3 month term. Estimate anticipated gas mileage, insurance and leasing fees. Evaluate the rates for different classes of cars – it’s possibly a different class will give you a lower overall cost.
Request a free new car lease quote now to find the best 3 month leasing deals in your area. Learn everything you need to know, so you can negotiate with confidence for the best car lease price possible.